3.8K views

I thought that working at Payless would be a fun experience--what girl wouldn't want to work with shoes?Well, working at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall location was a nightmare.

Not only do I have to deal with angry customers more often because their shoes are of poor quality, but items get stolen more often, my boss takes advantage of her job benefits, and I had to give up my 4th of July to work there WITHOUT holiday pay because they only pay holiday pay to full time employees.

This is not the way a company should treat their employees--it makes us feel like we are not at all appreciated or desired at the store.My advice: DO NOT WORK OR SHOP AT PAYLESS.

Had an Experience with Payless Shoesource?

Comments

I got fired for being sick with a doctors note when I come to work on time and do my job good everytime I was there.

I have worked for Payless almost a year now and it is one of the best jobs I have had.My manager has become my confidant and friend we even go on double dates with our significant others.

My mom even works at the store with me part time so its fun when people realize the connection. It was annoying that I was working full time hours from the get go and I wasn't getting the pay or benefits of full time people but when we moved to the super store in Kansas I was promoted and I love everything that comes with it.

Its not a hard job you know what you get yourself into right off the only hard parts are having to clean up after rude people or angry customers but its retail.Seriously hour breaks very flexible schedule and weekly pay what more could you ask for.

I totally agree we get little pay for all the things they ask us to do give us no credit on good work we do and to top it off get horrible hours since the manager gets 50+ hours not fair at all

I LOVE working for payless

Evidently this is corporate policy to treat employees this way.I DO NOT work for this company but I have a relative that does and the issues are identical.

Manager changes employee time sheets, leaves early and then changes her time, she clocks her employees in and out before they have ever shown up for work.

Seems like they are trained to do this.Keeps the employee pull rotating and they save on $$

to Anonymous #1055913

Exactly what happened to me ! Its unfair and its a joke to have managers like that

to Anonymous #1111893

not working for Payless you know very little about the company. We are not trained to cheat people or the company. That person should have been fired but because part timers did not speak up it does not get caught but eventually the person will be caught

Dallas, Texas, United States #938295

I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU WORK THERE.I WORKED THERE A YEAR AND A HALF.

I WAS FIRED CUZ I GOT ROBBED AT GUN POINT AT A LOCATION IN DALLAS.

THEY TOOK ADVANTAGE AND FIRE MY BOSS AS WELL WHO WASNT EVEN AT THE STORE AT THE MOMMENT.DM TERRENCE IS A DOUCHE!!!

It was horrible experience.Working Payless.

I was a manager for 4 years and one they my horrible Dm came to fire me buz she say I cheat on zcat score and never show me proof y got no job never treat with respect !!After 4 years wk hard

to Kiki sola4 #937853

Hello !!! I was on Payless for 4 years too !!and they fire me the same way no proof I will sue Payless for this you should do same email me camado89@gmail.com