Bagley, Minnesota
4.6K views

I worked for Payless for 2 1/2 years- and it got worse and worse each year.They do NOTHING about people stealing-we had repeat customers steal weekly and we could do nothing about it.

We were paid horribly and benefits were too expensive to even think about. Not only that, but they screwed up my W2 after I left and were extremely rude when I called the customer service line to see what to do about it.

People are expected to work in the store with minimal staff and too many tasks and are way too forceful with "suggesting" to the customer.Don't ever even apply for this minimum wage job with a crappy company that does not care about its employees.

Review about: Payless Shoesource Customer Care.

Comments

I feel your pain I'm an assistant manager and just resigned from my position the pay is biweekly and I'm very glad to have left due to the company being an absolute piece of garbage that's best to be left bankrupt then have it exist

You hit the nail on the head with this one. I have worked there for years now and everything you have stated is 100% accurate.

to Anonymous #1122345

So quit then.

to Anonymous #1122356

I presume with advice like that, you plan on paying their bills till they find something else.

to Anonymous #1417643

I quit after almost 10 years, the company and so DM only care bout making money and not bout there workers.I was a key holder but gave keys back 2 years before I quit.

The store I worked st closed down few months later after I left.But I had another job as well working at Payless.

Please does any one know what payless does with their old stock,like the companies that buy them off

to Anonymous #1017384

I worked for payless for about a year, they penny out the old stock , they don't allow other companies to buy old stock.

to Anonymous #1023294

I was a manager at Payless and worked there for about 8 years and when I started there I opted in for a share of the Payless Stock.I left the company in 2004 when I moved to Louisiana with my now husband and our kids.

I've wondered the same thing as you... What of the stock i had/have a share in. I believe that even if you are no longer with a company you have a share in, it would still be your share for life but I can't really find a clear answer on it anywhere. questions like, "Because I'm no longer with the company, is the stock share I paid into still my share?" "What if I choose to no longer want the stock share.

Can I sell my share? and if so, to whom?" Same goes for my 401K Every few years i wanna say I get something in the mail showing my whats in my 401K but I am not sure what to do with it. Maybe calling the Topeka KS office may help..

I don't know..Anyone know???

to Anonymous #1417647

I had my 401k roll over to my other job I had, but they will tax you and penalize you but at least it’s at your other job. You might want to call the Corporate office.

I was already working for payless 2001-2011.Since we movin in Ontario, I have found a new job but not having enough time to go I decided to wear my RESUME to the local store.

A Weeks after you pass the survey (30-40 min), I still do not have a new ... In communicating with the manager she told me that the result of the survey did not qualify me .... WTF ...

I have 10 yrs experience with Payless Seriously ...they should make some corrections to their software .....