1.3K views
1.4

Last night I purchased 3 pair of shoes from Payless shoe with my bank debit card, mind you this is same as cash.I wore one pair today and before I made it to my office they had rubbed the skin off the top of my feet.

So at lunch I took 2 pair to the same location and asked for a refund. She asked for my card and I said I'd prefer cash, not wanting a delay in my refund. She said that was against company policy and she had to put it back on my card. Hours later I checked my account.

. . still no refund.

Is it even legal for payless to refuse to refund in cash when I used a cash equivalent?We may have a big case and big loss for Payless and their outrageous refund policy!!

This reviewer shared experience about "refund policy, bad quality, painful feet" and wants this business to "new refund policy. if i pay with my bank debit card i should get a cash refund, its sure as hell already came out of my bank balance. i can't even go somewhere else to purchase shoes now until you all finally decide to refund my cash bank account". The author is overall dissatisfied with Payless Shoesource. The most disappointing about sandles from Payless Shoesource was debit card refund policy is outrageous Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Payless Shoesource.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Footwear and Clothing category for more informed decision or compare Payless Shoesource to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Payless Shoesource?

Comments

Yes it is legal since you use your credit card. The money will be back to your credit card. Many stores do the same.

to Khaled #1387033

It wasn't a CREDIT CARD. It was a debit card. Which means that the second they swipe that card the money automatically comes out of your bank account and it is into theirs.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1184939

Debit and cash is not the same form of payment

to Anonymous #1387035

Pretty much.Since the cash comes out of your account the second you swipe that card.

Ex:1- shoes cost 29.99 you have 30.00 in your account. Clerk swipes your card hands you receipt. Ex:2- your bank account now has a balance of $0.01. Did we give them cash?

No.Bit they sure as *** got my money huh?!

Actually most if not all retail establishments will offer a refund in the same way that the purchase was made. It is not illegal and cash is not the same as debit. You paid debit not cash

Day 3 after return. Still no refund in my bank account! Will never shop payless again.

to Anonymous #1366352

this complaint is almost comical.I'm betting you didn't even enter in your pin.

It takes 3-5 business days for a credit transaction to be returned to a card. I see you were quiet after the 3rd day. you're not entitled to any quicker of a refund than millions of other people get, in any retail establishment. Soon you won't be shopping anywhere when you find out 95% of stores are the same with credit cards.

Debit isn't the same as cash because you didn't give the cashier cash you gave her your card.

I can't believe someone thinks a case could be created from this.one of those.

to Anonymous #1384986

I completely agree.This person must be broke and in dire need of money.

Everyone knows it takes 3-5 business days to come back to your card.

This customer needs to relax and stop complaining about nothing.You'll have the same issue anywhere else.

Springfield, Missouri, United States #1169847

Day 2 after return. Still no refund in my bank account!!!!!